BOTOX® Cosmetic / XEOMIN®
Botox® Cosmetic and Xeomin® are made from puriﬁed proteins. They act by blocking nerve transmission resulting in relaxation of the underlying muscles, helping to smooth ﬁne lines and wrinkles.
How Are Botox® and Xeomin® Different From Dermal Fillers?
Botox® Cosmetic and Xeomin® do not ﬁll in space or add volume. They are drugs that are used to block nerve transmission to relax muscles by preventing them from contracting and etching lines and smooth existing ﬁne lines and wrinkles. Dermal ﬁllers, however, are designed to correct volume loss. Botox® Cosmetic and Xeomin® are typically used to the upper 1/3rd of the face and dermal ﬁllers are primarily used to the lower 2/3rds of the face.
Botox® Cosmetic and Xeomin® Are Effective In Treating:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Excess Sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
Areas That Can Be Treated:
- Area between the brow (glabella or “11 lines”)
- Crow’s feet
- Bunny lines
- Brows (for a brow lift)
- Smoker’s lines
- Masseters (jaw muscle) for TMJ pain
- Underarms for excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
What To Expect:
- Results are typically seen within 3-7 days and generally last within 3-6 months.
- Lines that are deep may only be softened whereas lines that are mild to moderate in depth may be erased after several treatments.
- Pregnancy or attempting to become pregnant
- Allergy to eggs, albumin, or any component of Botox® Cosmetic and Xeomin®
- Those with known neurological disease such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, neuromuscular junction disease such as myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome, active infection, or uncontrolled diabetes or signiﬁcant cardiovascular disease.
- Infection at the injection site
- It is best to defer Botox® Cosmetic or Xeomin® treatment for at least two weeks after receiving vaccines such as tetanus or the ﬂu shot.
- Concominant use with aminoglycoside antibiotics or muscle relaxants
- Flu-like symptoms
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Approximately 5% of patients will report transient eyelid or brow dropping or eyelid swelling. This may last 2-4 weeks and in rare instances may last 3 months or greater.
- More rare complications include shortness of breath and anaphylaxis.
- Other more remote side effects have been reported and are listed at www.botoxcosmetic.com and www.xeomin.com.
How Much Does Botox® / Xeomin® Cost
The cost of treatment varies depending on the site and the extent of the ﬁne lines and wrinkles. We price per until dose. This way you only pay for the number of units used.
||Average # Of Units
|Glabella / “11 lines”
|Masseter’s For TMJ
|Underarms for Hyperhidrosis
What To Do After A Treatment:
- Refrain from exercise, receiving a facial, or massage for 24 hours after receiving Botox® Cosmetic / Xeomin®
If you experience an adverse effect, please contact us at 603-882-9334.
Click here to see Before & After Photos
Click here for our scheduling and payment policies
Results may vary. ANEWU Medical Spa, P.C. is reputable for customer satisfaction for completed treatments. Unless otherwise noted, testimonials provided for ANEWU Medical Spa, P.C. are customers of ANEWU Medical Spa, P.C. who have undergone complete treatment(s). Individual results may vary. No treatment is promised to provide permanent results and a guarantee is neither provided nor implied. Read our full disclaimer here.